Working around

Working around is one of the main job descriptions of an ambitious developer. Especially when you are a third-world ambitious developer in a company with low-budget high expectations.

Actually I am not here to complain. I love working around. I love developing interesting and clever solutions that solve hopeless and expensive problems. My whole carer is based on workarounds, and I would like to share it. Because sharing is caring.

My favorite part about workarounds is the political aspect. When a simple hack saves your company X thousand of dollars that you can distribute as a bonus to your employees, it goes way beyond technology and economics. It becomes political, as you take the goodies away from the big players, and give it to the community. Kinda like Robin Hood with geeky glasses.

This is my opening blog post. What I plan to do in the future is share my experience and keep it simple. Until then, I will be working around.

No comments:

Post a Comment